Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saturday - Thought we were over, but no....




Yesterday I thought that the mountain climbs were behind us, but I was wrong. Today we went through a pass and were even higher than yesterday (9100 feet today). We went from Cody, WY to Gillette, WY. The first half was through a scenic area and the second half was on highway 90. The first picture shows us starting out with the mountains (I thought) behind us in the distance. The second picture shows me on a rock, but look behind me, right at the middle of the top of the picture, and you'll see the pass that we were just about to go through. Very exciting both up and down. The scenery today was amazing with multicolored mountains showing up everywhere. One mountain looked like it had the irridescent scales like lizards have, that change color based on where the light hits.

No comments: